Melbourne MoneyOff readers might like to hear about a brand new smart phone app offering discounts to members on restaurants, cafes, bars, courses and activities all over the city.
Liven is a subscription based platform offering members that pay a one off yearly fee ($19.95) access to money off local entertainment via their smart phone (Android or iPhone).
With Liven, the more you use the more you save. The membership fee pays for itself after only one or two uses. Merchants signed up with the app offer a variety of different discounts, bars may offer 2-for-1 drink deals, restaurants might offer complimentary main meals or up to 40% off the total bill. Bear in mind it is not only diners that will benefit from Liven, other merchants on board include activities such as golf and spa treatments with a great saving (20%) on arguably the best spa in Victoria; Peninsula Hot Springs.
How it works on a step-by-step process:
1. Search for the free Liven app to download on your smart phone.
2. Click 'Upgrade' to obtain premium membership (see promo code below).
3. Search for local merchants under 'Nearby' list.
4. Find a suitable restaurant or activity close to home that invites Liven members to a discount.
5. Click on the map button to locate merchant.
6. Order food/participate in activity.
7. Click 'Use Offer' on your mobile phone before handing over to merchant staff member, who will then type in a merchant PIN number before deducting discount.
8. Pay and leave content in the knowledge you have saved a heap of money using Liven app.
The majority of offers available through Liven require membership to access, although the app itself is free to download.
As a special promotion for MoneyOff readers, you will be able to try out Liven Premium membership for free over a period of 30 days. Download Liven on your Android or iPhone, tap "Go Premium" and "Enter Promo Code" then enter the promo code MNY2014